The legend of Johnny Appleseed has been alive in Downtown Crystal Lake for 25 years, and this year’s event on Saturday, September 30th promises to be the biggest and best. Thousands of families attend the festival to celebrate the season, community, and enjoy a variety of apple-flavored delights. It’s a great family event with rides, games and more. According to Downtown Crystal Lake Board Chairman, Richard Harms, “It’s bushels of fun for everyone!”
To celebrate the 25th anniversary, Downtown Crystal Lake is inviting the community to join us for 25 days of fun! From September 1st to September 25th Downtown Crystal Lake will host an Apple Scavenger Hunt. Here’s how the Apple Scavenger Hunt works:
- Grab a game card from Out of the Box (71 N. Williams), Marvin’s Toy Store (64A N. Williams), or at a business where you see an apple displayed within the downtown area. Game cards can be also be downloaded: Scavenger Hunt Game Card
- 25 red apples will be in the windows of downtown businesses. They will be visible from the sidewalk; so this is a 24/7 game.
- Each apple will be numbered and reveal a word for the puzzle.
- To play, write down the words you find in the matching apple box on the game card and discover the completed sentences.
- Drop off your completed game card to Marvin’s Toy Store or Out of the Box.
- Please, only one entry per person. We will draw 10 winners from the completed game cards, and winners will be notified by phone.
- You could win tickets for the festival, Crystal Lake souvenirs, and more!
- Additional details (and even a few hints) are available on the game card and at participating businesses.