The Historic Downtown of Crystal Lake is currently seeking a Part-time, Year-Round enthusiastic event planner to proactively produce events, while also overseeing and managing the current sponsored events. This position requires someone that will provide outstanding customer service and the ability to organize memorable events for the patrons of downtown Crystal Lake, as well as meet quality and financial expectations. Multiple weekends and some evenings will be required, as we target this position for a 15-20 hour work week.
Position reports to: Executive Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement new events, while improving the financial efforts of the current downtown events.
- Oversee all facilities and manage all event details such as décor, vendors, entertainment, coordinate volunteers, assist in training and direction of volunteers engaged in the organization’s events.
- Assist with annual budgets and work plan development for all promotional events.
- Oversee the marketing and promotion of all events, including press releases, website and social media promotions and sharing.
- Experience in event management, including sales skills and the ability to build productive business relationships.
- Skilled in community outreach and effective networking.
- Proficient in PC operation and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in a non-profit or community development organization.
- Positive, can-do attitude!
About Downtown Crystal Lake/Main Street
Downtown Crystal Lake/Main Street is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Downtown Crystal Lake/Main Street is a member of Illinois Main Street and nationally accredited by Main Street America. Main Street is a preservation-based economic development program dedicated to the continual revitalization of our community’s historic downtown district.
To apply for this position: Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org