Saturday, September 28, 2019 – Race starts at 3:00pm
The Great Ball Race Raffle – Grand Prize $1000
Race will be held during the Johnny Appleseed Festival on Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 3PM on Brink Street, Downtown Crystal Lake. Get ready for some entertainment and FUN!
In addition to the $1,000 grand prize, runner-ups will receive fun merchandise or gift certificates from participating businesses. Winner need not be present to win.
Here’s how the Great Ball Race works:
- Purchase a numbered raffle ticket. Brightly colored plastic balls will be numbered to correspond with the numbers on the raffle tickets.
- These balls will then be released and “rolled” down Brink Street with the fastest balls winning prizes for their owners.
- Race will be held during the Johnny Appleseed Festival on Saturday, September 28, 2019 at 3PM on Brink Street, Downtown Crystal Lake.
- In addition to the $1,000 grand prize, runner-ups will receive fun merchandise or gift certificates from participating businesses. Winner need not be present to win.
Watch for our giant stilt-walking juggling scarecrow who will be roaming around all afternoon. The scarecrow will put on a special performance immediately following the Great Ball Race on Brink Street. You won’t want to miss the fun!
The Johnny Appleseed Festival and Great Ball Race are planned, organized and staffed by volunteers. Thank you to our sponsors for their support, which enables us to host these wonderful family-friendly events for our community.
Show your community pride by sponsoring this great event! Click on the link :
JA-GBR Sponsor Packet – 2019 for sponsor levels and benefits.
Thanks to our 2019 Sponsors:
- Home State Bank – Major Event Sponsor
- American Community Bank & Trust
- Baxter & Woodman
- Baxter Credit Union
- Cafe Olympic
- The Clothes Gallery
- Country Inn & Suites – Johnny Appleseed sleeps here!
- Countryside Flowershop & Nursery
- Crystal Lake Bank & Trust
- Crystal Lake Historical Society
- Crystal Lake Park District
- Crystal Lake Travel
- Dalzell Jewelers
- Dobbe Marketing
- Duke’s Alehouse & Kitchen
- Engage Dance Academy
- Gary Lang Auto Group
- Georgio’s Chicago Pizzeria & Pub
- Goal Line Sports Bar & Grill
- The Green Read
- Joe’s Barber Shop
- KaleidoScoops Ice Cream
- Kitchen Outfitters
- Lloyd’s Paint & Paper
- Lulu’s Wiggin Out
- Marvin’s Toy Store
- Montessori Pathways School
- Northern Illinois Foot & Ankle Specialists
- Northwest Herald – Print Media Sponsor
- The Olive Tap
- Ormsby Motors
- Out of the Box
- Raue Center for the Arts
- The Running Depot
- Schafer Brothers Remodeling
- Sage YMCA
- State Farm – Ben Volling
- Suran Built
- Judith Svalander School of Ballet
- Taste of Benedicts
- Vineyard Christian Church
- Wear Did U Get That
- Willow Crystal Lake
- Yours & Meyn, Simply Designed
Thank you to our Sponsors!
If a picture is worth a thousand words — how much is a video worth?
View photos from past events: