It’s a Holiday Movie Marathon theme for the Festival of Lights Parade
Each holiday season, festive storefront windows, holiday music, visits with Santa, trees dotted with white lights, and lamp posts adorned with garland and bows all transforming Downtown Crystal Lake into a winter wonderland. The holiday season is a chance for families and friends to experience that hometown holiday feeling.
Thousands and thousands of lights are used to decorate Downtown Crystal Lake. The trees in Depot Park will have both red and white lights, decorated trees will line the pathways, and we will temporarily rename the park “Peppermint Park” during the holiday season. This spectacular lighting display creates a wonderful atmosphere for Santa’s House as well as our very popular holiday event, the Festival of Lights Parade. All of our events are organized and staffed by volunteers of Downtown Crystal Lake, a not-for-profit organization.
To help offset some of the costs associated with the holiday season, Downtown Crystal Lake is offering sponsorship opportunities, which are outlined in the enclosed packet. Becoming a holiday season sponsor will enable your business to reach a very large target market through our multi-media marketing.
Join us as we make this year our biggest and brightest season while making holiday dreams come true in Downtown Crystal Lake.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at (815) 479-0835.
The Festival of Lights Parade is the traditional start to the holiday season when Santa Claus comes to town! This is the only nighttime parade in Crystal Lake. Thousands of people line the parade route to watch the extraordinary floats, entertainment, musical and community groups light up the streets of Downtown Crystal Lake.
Friday, Nov. 24th @ 7:00PM
The parade kicks off at City Hall. The parade route includes: N. Caroline St., Crystal Lake Ave., Grant St., Woodstock St., & Williams St. Santa arrives at the end of the parade and Santa House visits begin immediately.
Children share their wishes to Santa at Brink Street Market at Santa’s House. Visits are FREE. The memories are PRICELESS!
November 25th through December 23rd
Thursdays & Fridays 6PM—8PM
The demographic target market is broad-based, with an emphasis on families. The events and activities draw from Crystal Lake and surrounding communities.
- Listing in 6,000 Downtown Crystal Lake brochures
- 4,500 holiday event brochures distributed throughout the community.
- Ads in the Northwest Herald and online
- Press Release in local and regional publications.
- Posters and Flyers distributed in Downtown and throughout the community
- Website Postings for Community Events
- Local Area Marquees
- Event and sponsor information on Downtown Crystal Lake’s website www.DowntownCL.org and
- Facebook Page (10,000+ followers!)
Level One: $150 Holiday Sponsor
- Your name will appear on a holiday event flyer distributed throughout the community
- Your name will appear on our website: www.DowntownCL.org
- Your name will appear on Santa’s Scroll located on the Santa House throughout the holiday season
Level Two: $300 Holiday Silver Sponsor
- All the benefits of Level 1; plus
- Your name will be announced by the Parade emcee
- Your name will appear on the banner at the beginning of the Festival of Lights Parade
Level Three: $500 Holiday Gold Sponsor
- All the benefits of Level 2; plus
- Your name and logo will be included on our website, and a link provided to your own website
- Your name on Santa’s Scroll, Parade Banner, and all promotional materials will be larger and
Remember— No matter which sponsor level you choose, your support enables us to provide festive decorations in Downtown Crystal Lake as well as provide safe, quality, family-oriented events which will create wonderful holiday memories for thousands of children.